World Cup Germany 2006 finally came to an end. Even if I’m still ambivalent about how to make sense with what happened to France’s skipper, somehow I understood how fans of this game felt on its best and worst moments. Now, it’s time to snap out of it ^-^.
I had an interesting email exchange with my research chief and former prof, Metaboss, about the World Cup. He’s Brazilian and prior to the Brazil-France quarterfinals, I commented on how interesting it would be if France defeated Brazil. He had this to say after Brazil did lose:
“It was your curse! I know it! You are very brave to overtly say that you would support France…. You realize that if I send your name to Brazil, it would be sewed inside a frog's mouth and thrown into the Amazon river with a 20Kg rock attached to one of its legs in less than a day, don't you?”
I emailed him just after the finals:
“really now...what concoction did you do so that france lost the final, huh?
but honestly, what really got to me was...what the hell was their captain thinking?!….
i really like zizou...too bad something in him snapped! -jennai (who's desperately trying to go to work mode...)”
To which he emailed back:
“That was just a sample of Brazilian Soccer Black Magic.
We chopped off Zidane's frog head before the game... (that's why he lost his also...).
The rest you can figure out. -Metaboss (finally having a good night sleep after revenge was attained...)”
Well, that sure explains a lot! O_o
I had an interesting email exchange with my research chief and former prof, Metaboss, about the World Cup. He’s Brazilian and prior to the Brazil-France quarterfinals, I commented on how interesting it would be if France defeated Brazil. He had this to say after Brazil did lose:
“It was your curse! I know it! You are very brave to overtly say that you would support France…. You realize that if I send your name to Brazil, it would be sewed inside a frog's mouth and thrown into the Amazon river with a 20Kg rock attached to one of its legs in less than a day, don't you?”
I emailed him just after the finals:
“really now...what concoction did you do so that france lost the final, huh?
but honestly, what really got to me was...what the hell was their captain thinking?!….
i really like zizou...too bad something in him snapped! -jennai (who's desperately trying to go to work mode...)”
To which he emailed back:
“That was just a sample of Brazilian Soccer Black Magic.
We chopped off Zidane's frog head before the game... (that's why he lost his also...).
The rest you can figure out. -Metaboss (finally having a good night sleep after revenge was attained...)”
Well, that sure explains a lot! O_o

2 comments:
You should look that brazilian voodoo, it might come in handy one day ;)
Ive seen your work, they are really nice and detailed. I haven't done much portraits of anything these days. Not even in pastel or pencil for me. I am too impatient. Even when sketching I use a ball point pen.
You should do more when you can when you can ...
fyi,
And if I was watching the World cup I would probably be rooting for France. Of course ;) They are saying that the italian guy actually called Zizou a terrorist or something like that(his parents are Algerian)
Post a Comment