I felt that this update is so obligatory. It’s either nothing noteworthy happens or I’m too lazy (and/or busy) to update. Unfortunately, I don’t have the same enthusiasm as my blog role model Dmitry Tursunov (Visit Tursunov Tales ; ) when it comes to blogging. Enough with the excuses, knock yourselves out with the latest random ramblings below.
>>> I’ve always liked the rain as far as I can remember—even the time of the recent blackout (where I blamed that on individual incompetence rather than the weather). I should be happy that even in December, it’s still raining…right? Well, yeah but when it gets in the way of something that I also like and have not done in a long time, it gets a little complicated. I still like the rain, only this time, I start to compromise when it should rain (yeah, like that’s really possible…)
>>> I want to play tennis at Rizal, dimmit!!! And several forces of nature—scheduled tournaments, unavoidable circumstances and weather disturbances included—have been preventing me from doing so. I have cognitively practiced my swings, rationalized with my superego (and convinced myself in the process) that spending close to 500php for an hour of play will not kill me, and thought of the event as a way to cap off the term! I seriously need to get my tennis fix.
>>> Fortunately, I could always count of Quiaps to accompany me during SPS rooftop practice sessions. She’s reformed now and has ceased flashing her ************ to security, LOL!!! Seriously, it can be a good body-mind exercise when you’re hitting a ball against the wall while figuring out why people behave the way they do.
>>> ACE just ranked Marat Safin’s back to back volley against David Nalbandian (IIRC) as the play of the year. What Marat did was awesome! Quick reflexes and sheer skill and control—scoring a point despite taking a dive and losing his racquet?! Drool…I mean, Damn… ; ) If only he gets his act together, he might beat Federer—again. Hehe.
>>> Speaking of Fed, it’s such a fun match to watch when he’s playing against Rafa. Fed changes—he’s more aggressive, goes to the net more often and he’s pumped when he scores a point after a long rally…some things you don’t see everyday. It’s actually matches like these that make me want to watch Fed play—even if there would be hints that he will win, there’s variety in his play and Rafa makes him work for every point.
>>> YAY!!! Justine’s year end rank is #1!!! It would be nice to see a rematch of Australian Open 06 next year—Justine owes Amelie a good game.
>>> My new friends every school day morning are a pair of earphones, YouTube and Tenipuri. I’m still obsessed with it, especially the chibi episodes. I also came to realize that my life would get to nowhere if I have DSL installed at home and bring my new friends with me. Consequently, I will just end up being entertained with them and…not move.
>>> I recently saw Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Second OVA, the part where Kenshin died (yes, Choco, you read that right—don’t go in denial now). Much as I like to be objective about the whole thing…I can’t—this doesn’t compare to the first one!!! The whole thing, for me, was just what Kaoru wanted—it was all about her, and Kenshin—being the ever-so-greatful ronin that he was, didn’t really have any objections. The ending was nice, since I had my own, twisted, anti-Kaoru/pro-Tomoe interpretation to it. Bottomline is—Tomoe rocks. If there was no Tomoe, there would be no cross shaped scar, Kenshin would not exist…and maybe Kaoru will not end up as a lame damsel in distress disguised as a feisty master of swordsmanship.
>>> Animax has brought back Ranma ½ (again). I’ve always like the concept of that series, kind of like who-would-have-thought-of-it plot. I find it original…and it brings back memories when T-chan and I did some artwork for a contest and she did most of the chibi Ranma characters. The artwork won, by the way. ; )
>>> The FIFA governing body has trimmed down its nominees for Footballer of the Year Award (or something like that). The candidates are Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho and Fabio Cannavaro. I want Zizou to win but I don’t think he will; I think Cannavaro will win but I don’t want him to; If Zizou will not win, I’d rather have Ronaldinho win. Twisted logic, huh?
>>> If you’re wondering why there’s hardly anything here about the grounded theorist and what she’s been up to, it’s because such information is classified at this moment. What she’s willing to divulge is that she is alive and starting to kick. Hopefully, we’ll get to hear from her by next year.
>>> *looks out the window* It’s still raining. I hope it stops soon. I’m gonna play tomorrow.
Sunday, December 10, 2006
ME + BLOG = Lack of update in the long run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hehe, you have a blog role model, too?
Well, I don't have much of a problem with Kaoru vs Tomoe, since my fave gal char in RK is Misao.
Since it is sunny today, I guess you got to play tennis. ^_^
aaarghh! you reminded me of THAT blasted fact!!! i hate "death-endings" but i have a feeling my masochistic tendencies will lead me to view that one sooner or later...waaaaahhhhh!
=3kat: why of course, everyone can use a role model every now and then--especially if it's as nutty as that guy! LOL.
choco: samurais would end up dead one way or the other--but it'd be less tragic if it was expected rather than...oh, i don't know--k-y-u-z-o style ; )
We did artwork and it won?
When?
Oh btw, I have all the ranma 1/2 movies and oavs. It can only play in my laptop and certain dvd players ;)
I have some naruto too - oh no, I liked. I have some fummuffu and azumanga daioh I think.
lied, not liked. ;)
Post a Comment