
LOL!!! If you’re not familiar with Tenipuri, this might not be so funny. Let’s just say that they are teammates and Santa’s the narcissistic captain and Rudolph is his loyal slav—I mean, minion who only utters that monosyllabic-sounding reply. By the way, I did not make the above pic--credit for the art goes to ‘snowbunnyluv’ (go visit her deviant art site).
***
An uncle and my cousin and his family came over for lunch today. I saw my nephew and niece again and I can totally relate to Choco and K-chan about kiddie antics and how it can completely ruin(?!) one’s mood to be a “diligent-student-who’s-suppose-to-do-her-thesis-blah.blah.blah…” aka “pagpapanggap” hehehe. See, the niece likes dogs (I like dogs..) and the nephew worships Spiderman (I think Spidey’s good…) so I ended up…playing with the kids.
I rarely feel at ease mingling with kids but for some reason, today was an exemption. They kept asking my mom to give them their gifts and mom tells me to give it to them…and I delay it. Hahaha! I was the one who chose their gifts—a stuffed dog and a Spiderman action figure where he kicks this wall-thingy. When they finally got their gifts (after ripping off my late night, time consumed, hard-worked gift-wrapping in less than under a minute), we played with them. The wall-thingy was like a 4-piece puzzle which I was unable to put together but nephew did it...quickly.
[Darn it! What the hell was that about?! Here I am trying to get some higher learning and I can’t put together a freakin’ 4-piece wall-thingy puzzle!]
Ahem…My cousin brought with him his laptop and we tried to go online and talk with his mom (my tita) in the States. It turns out that he’s got some Death Note anime with him and shared it with me. Great, another temptation to resist—good thing I’ve read the comic already so it’s not that hard.
In the afternoon, a little last minute grocery shopping with mom and later in the evening, bro and I went to cousin doc’s house to deliver gifts. We basically exchanged presents ^^; While we were there, old stories came up about my entire mother-side cousins and their childhood escapades and mishaps, including which adult went crazy because of it. I wasn’t with them at the time because either I was way too young or not born yet. Cheh…youngest ; )
It’s Christmas Day. I can finally eat chocolates ^_^
***
If you’ve watched anything that’s dubbed, mostly likely, you’d know what voice actors are. Since I don’t watch telenovelas and more into anime, they are called ‘seiyuu’ in Japanese. It’s amazing how their voice give rise to different characters, from the sickeningly saccharine sweet tiny voices of anime girls to feminine-sounding voices of samurais (hehehe, that’s Kenshin again for you, Choco), to feminine-sounding voices of female-looking samurais and shinobis…who are actually…men…Ergh, you guys get the point.
Still, nothing beats seeing the voice actors of The Simpsons! There are only 6 of them and they make up almost the entire neighborhood of Springfield! And their talking voice are actually different from their character voices—really different! They were the guests on Inside the Actor’s Studio and the host (dunno his name) even joked that he’s never had 30 simultaneous guests in his show. The fun part there was when the “characters” were interviewed and the voice actors went into action. I got lucky that I channel-surfed at the right station ^_^.
***
An uncle and my cousin and his family came over for lunch today. I saw my nephew and niece again and I can totally relate to Choco and K-chan about kiddie antics and how it can completely ruin(?!) one’s mood to be a “diligent-student-who’s-suppose-to-do-her-thesis-blah.blah.blah…” aka “pagpapanggap” hehehe. See, the niece likes dogs (I like dogs..) and the nephew worships Spiderman (I think Spidey’s good…) so I ended up…playing with the kids.
I rarely feel at ease mingling with kids but for some reason, today was an exemption. They kept asking my mom to give them their gifts and mom tells me to give it to them…and I delay it. Hahaha! I was the one who chose their gifts—a stuffed dog and a Spiderman action figure where he kicks this wall-thingy. When they finally got their gifts (after ripping off my late night, time consumed, hard-worked gift-wrapping in less than under a minute), we played with them. The wall-thingy was like a 4-piece puzzle which I was unable to put together but nephew did it...quickly.
[Darn it! What the hell was that about?! Here I am trying to get some higher learning and I can’t put together a freakin’ 4-piece wall-thingy puzzle!]
Ahem…My cousin brought with him his laptop and we tried to go online and talk with his mom (my tita) in the States. It turns out that he’s got some Death Note anime with him and shared it with me. Great, another temptation to resist—good thing I’ve read the comic already so it’s not that hard.
In the afternoon, a little last minute grocery shopping with mom and later in the evening, bro and I went to cousin doc’s house to deliver gifts. We basically exchanged presents ^^; While we were there, old stories came up about my entire mother-side cousins and their childhood escapades and mishaps, including which adult went crazy because of it. I wasn’t with them at the time because either I was way too young or not born yet. Cheh…youngest ; )
It’s Christmas Day. I can finally eat chocolates ^_^
***
If you’ve watched anything that’s dubbed, mostly likely, you’d know what voice actors are. Since I don’t watch telenovelas and more into anime, they are called ‘seiyuu’ in Japanese. It’s amazing how their voice give rise to different characters, from the sickeningly saccharine sweet tiny voices of anime girls to feminine-sounding voices of samurais (hehehe, that’s Kenshin again for you, Choco), to feminine-sounding voices of female-looking samurais and shinobis…who are actually…men…Ergh, you guys get the point.
Still, nothing beats seeing the voice actors of The Simpsons! There are only 6 of them and they make up almost the entire neighborhood of Springfield! And their talking voice are actually different from their character voices—really different! They were the guests on Inside the Actor’s Studio and the host (dunno his name) even joked that he’s never had 30 simultaneous guests in his show. The fun part there was when the “characters” were interviewed and the voice actors went into action. I got lucky that I channel-surfed at the right station ^_^.

2 comments:
Merry Christmas to you too ^_^
Cute PoT pic ^_^
Geez, defeated by a kid in a puzzle, huh? Humbling experience? Good thing they don't ask you school questions like my nephew like what are the parts of the ear, kinds of clouds, parts of an insect. Thank God I can still remember some of those ^_^
Ya, I think simpsons are pretty good though i stopped watching them already. I heard that the movie trailer of it looks good. I have no idea since I don't watch movies for a long time though a bit interested in Spidey 3.
Happy Holidays, dude!
Yep, it's pretty hard to focus on work during times like these. a LOT of distractions yet we're not really complaining now! Hehehe!
Post a Comment