My side of the world experienced a massive power outage due to the typhoon "Milenyo". The crappy part about it was that the power outage lasted for nine f*%$@ days in our END of the street!!! And no, I don't blame the typhoon but mortal weaknesses (like inefficiency or incompetence, maybe) of those who are supposed to keep things in check.
There were some things I learned during the brief exposure to this 'contemporary dark age':
1. No electricity doesn't mean productivity will be hindered. On the contrary, it can progress, especially since there are no distractions like cable TV and the Internet.
2. I love my Creative MuVo!!! It has kept me sane with its FM radio feature and whatever mp3s I had it in.
3. Back up computer files are not only useful when the computer breaks down.
4. Sometimes you need to take matters in your own hands.
5. Morning heat wakes me up early.
6. I still like rain despite the devastation it can cause when it chooses to. For some reason, it rained every night during the span of the black out, making it more bearable. On the day that we got our electricity back, it didn't rain anymore.
7. Not even a blackout can stop me from dropping by a custom car show event.
8. I really, really, really, REALLY like dogs.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hehehe...well, at least you are not sick during a blackout which can drive one a bit insane especially at night. =P
what can i say...you really, really, REALLY are an autophile!!! your "custom car show" ending for your rant text that time was a real pleasant surprise! ;)
i couldn't help but laugh when i read your last point...hehe
Post a Comment