Today wasn’t much of a nosebleed compared to yesterday, maybe because I was able to go through the remaining activities pretty easily. Of course, there were lapses on my paper that still need revising; I suppose I had a hard time yesterday because it basically reflected my dilemma about the Introduction section even before I submitted it. Seriously, I was at a lost on how to collapse my entire literature review and choose which are relevant or not. Now, I know better.
What’s groundbreaking today is that we all have our journal article outlines and it’s somehow etched in stone—WE WILL PUBLISH THIS and Doc B is looking forward to seeing our names printed in ISI journals. Doc SM kidded that since Doc B did the workshop for free, it would be a shame on our part if we never publish. I’m excited to work on my paper (yeah, yeah, the Peer Group Youth research, too…) but at the same time, I get a bit anxious thinking that maybe I can tweak it some more so that I won’t be selling my ENTIRE thesis into just one publication. It would be great if I can squeeze out maybe 3 articles from my thesis and more importantly, I get around to actually doing it.
And there’s the youth research paper. The department just made a commitment to Doc B that we will turn in 7 papers from each group by January of next year. That means crunch time during December.
Yeah, baby.
What’s groundbreaking today is that we all have our journal article outlines and it’s somehow etched in stone—WE WILL PUBLISH THIS and Doc B is looking forward to seeing our names printed in ISI journals. Doc SM kidded that since Doc B did the workshop for free, it would be a shame on our part if we never publish. I’m excited to work on my paper (yeah, yeah, the Peer Group Youth research, too…) but at the same time, I get a bit anxious thinking that maybe I can tweak it some more so that I won’t be selling my ENTIRE thesis into just one publication. It would be great if I can squeeze out maybe 3 articles from my thesis and more importantly, I get around to actually doing it.
And there’s the youth research paper. The department just made a commitment to Doc B that we will turn in 7 papers from each group by January of next year. That means crunch time during December.
Yeah, baby.

2 comments:
go psych geeks hahaha!!!
im still working on my blog post. bahala na the paper. plus my wretched thesis mwahahahaha
@ ria:
Dude, I'm waiting for your blogpost about the writeshop!!! Can't wait to hear the rianess of it all, hahaha!
Post a Comment