Sunday, November 16, 2008

WHOA.

Today, after a very long time, I have been re-exposed to a massive dose of shonen anime. After tennis this morning, mechafetish, ghostlightning, along with ghost’s waifu sat together with me as I got initiated in the following series that the guys thought as some of the greatest anime there is. By the way, as the current state of my neural conduction is kind of, um, idle (or as my kids would say, “sabaw!”), this will simply reflect a rundown of the titles I got a glimpse of and not really a review. No, I wasn’t O.C. about the spelling and writing the complete titles. For the last 5 hours or so, I watched the initial episodes of Monster, MS Gundam 08th Team, Gurren Laggan, MS Igloo 2 and Project A-ko (I hope I did not forget anything). Most of them won me over (especially GL!) sans Project A-ko. I’ll post reactions about these titles when I have more time.

As we talked about more titles, I actually realized that I’m not as hardcore anime/manga fan as I thought I was. I’ve heard a lot of titles in the past but never really got around to watching them. This got me thinking to come up with a general list of what titles I actually completed watching/reading and those that I mostly saw/read but never really finished. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do that this month, since I’m also curious just how much JPOP I’ve immersed myself into.

*Yawn* I need sleep and a sprinkle of shojoness. >_<

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maganda daw yung gurren laggan (ni recommend sa akin after watching eva movie) parang eva rin daw. hindi ko pa rin napapanood, wahahaha.

hindi pa rin ako tapos sa kare kano manga and anime.

promise talaga, next time na yung eva! let's promote japanese culture, nyahahaha :D

shojou!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, you know they're coming about with this horrible Dragonball movie. It's wrong, so wrong!
They've leaked the trailers, so you can see them online.
Chow yun-fat is in it though.

--Tintin

Anonymous said...

@ ate pawie lol:

gurren laggan parang eva?! um, if it was, I must have missed that from laughing out loud through the first few eps. I don't recall doing that when I saw Eva's first few eps ; )

karekano anime got wasted towards the end. The lack of budget was very clear and the plot went nowhere.

@ Tintin

Yeah, I've heard about that movie. Do I really want to see the trailer? Hehehe. I'm imagining Shaolin Soccer type. I'm just glad I've grew out of DBZ hence won't feel so affected.

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know I've always thought of Db as 'okay' but I felt bad when I saw the trailer. It's like, no, it doesn't work, can't get that through your head? I have yet to see a successful cartoon-live action conversion.

--Tintin

Anonymous said...

i forgot to tell you before i left that a student approached me at the IMS, asking if they can interview me. sasabihin ko na nga sana, "umm i only watch the for-kids anime..." buti na lang di ko inunahan. they will interview me daw about...fashion! wa-whaaat?! @,@

Anonymous said...

@ t is for thesis

If you said yes, I suggest you watch Tim Gunn's Guide to Fashion or something, hahaha! Start studying Project Runway also, woohoo! :P

Anonymous said...

@ Tintin

So, I tried looking at the DBZ trailers. I saw mostly pics of people I don't even know and couldn't even tell if it's a hoax or not. But in any case, I get you...what were they thinking?