Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Series of Not-So Unfortunate Events

The people I’m supposed to meet are getting sick on me. T_T As a result, plans change. Of course, I don’t blame them (who wants to get sick, anyway?) but it just amazes me that it happened in two consecutive days.

12.19.08

Quiaps was supposed to play tennis with me at Rizal yesterday. After a couple of reply-less text messages and unreachable phone calls, part of me wondered if I should bring extra cash (my wallet silently wept at the thought). The moment I parked in school, I got a text message that got me thinking of Plan B: Quiaps had a nasty headache that rendered her unable to get up.

See, Plan A went like this: Quiaps and I take turns doing drills, then we have lunch afterwards and then I go back to school to do some minor tasks while she heads back home to prepare for an afternoon function. Plan B on the other hand, was relatively simple: Break in your new shoes whatever the cost. “facepalms* And so I did, even if I’m by myself.

12.20.08

I’m supposed to meet up with Greys’ family today and finally see baby Aidan after a long time. If I remember correctly, the last time I saw him, he’s still inside Greys…so, um, yeah—technically, I haven’t seen him. Again, after a couple of reply-less text messages and unreachable phone calls, part of me wondered if I should’ve gone with my tennifriends and played at Rizal today. About an hour before noon, Greys told me that the hubby and the baby are both sick. So much for lunch out with college friends. >_<

After a bit of rationalizing, I suppose it wasn’t that bad that things didn’t go according to plan. For one, I was able to do my errands at school and help out P and T sort surveys (really, guys—if I wasn’t so tired and craving for a bed, I’d help out more) and I was able to get the books T lent me, which I both finished by today. Also, waking up at 9am was a welcome change—I’m still recharging from yesterday and I doubt I’d be able to play well today. At least now, I can finally start doing the thing that I need to do before time runs out. So, it’s all good, no time wasted really.

Indeed, from these events I see that our “…experiences do affect each other, and the other affect the next…” – even for just a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joker: You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan"… even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I told the press that, like, a gang-banger will get shot, or a truck load of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die…[voice rises hysterically]…well, then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, then everything becomes…chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

Anonymous said...

oh, oh, oh... "“…experiences do affect each other, and the other affect the next…” – even for just a bit." --- five people! :)

"really, guys—if I wasn’t so tired and craving for a bed, I’d help out more" - hehe it's okay! thanks for your help. :) i hope the meal in red ribbon did not wear you out even more. hehe. :)

jennai said...

@ mechafetish:

It's nice to see villains be profound for a change, rather than getting pawned almost all the time. I heard Joker was great in Dark Knight.


@ t is for tamad:

Yeah, 5 people was a nice read : ) Nah, the long wait for the lunch was worth it since I got a pretty substantial portion. Exhaustion would've probably overwhelmed me completely if the size was that of mC. -_-