Thursday, February 05, 2009

Better Late than Never: 2009 Aussie Open Moments

#3: The Suarez-Navarro One-Handed Backhand. Hyped during her match with Venus Williams (whom she defeated), 20 year old Carla (white) wowed the Aussie crowd and received praise for her backhand.



This just made me miss Justine Henin’s (blue) awesome one-hander.



#2: Fed needs a little lovin’. I didn’t expect Federer to cry. I can only imagine what could be going on in his mind after being defeated by the same man who has prevented him from winning the only grand slam he doesn’t have (the French Open), who has stole the glory from him in the grass courts of Wimbledon and who has now outlasted him in the hard courts. I’m no worshipper of Federer, but I wanted to give him a hug.



#1: Nerves of Steel: Nadal-Verdasco Seminfinal. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome battle of the Southpaws! I have never sat still and watched one thing for more than 5 hours in my life. This could very well be THE FINAL! I love Verdasco’s (green) service motion and a lot of people were disappointed when he gave the game away because of a double fault but my stand remains: This was his first grand slam semi final, against a tenacious player like Nadal, with whom he played with for over 5 hours. He could’ve choked many times during the earlier sets but didn’t. Cut the guy some slack. And Nadal…what topspins! I tried and failed many times to emulate such move, lol!



Next stop—Paris, France!

No comments: