Sunday, August 24, 2008

My All-Neu went for a check up…

And it took 6.5 HOURS!!! Had to bring it to the casa as advised to check on it’s basic idling. The diagnosis was that the idle servo is supposedly malfunctioning and replacing it would cost 14K!!!

O_o! WTF…?

I took it home. There’s got to be another cheaper way. I ended up looking into ‘basic idling’ and ‘idle servo’ on the net and despite the abundance of mechanical jargons, I now have a vague idea on how it works and what alternatives to be done. Now on to find someone who could do it…

PS. I’ve always wondered about mechanical engineering…
PPS. Oh, and why can’t car knowledge be acquired from previous extensive exposure to Initial D?
PPPS. The name ‘ALL-Neu’ came from the short cut of the blurb ‘All New Lancer’ back in 03. A colleague always referred to my car with that even if it was, um, 05 or 06. So the name kind of got stuck. I just got the German spelling of 'new' but retained the English pronunciation.

2 comments:

Ria said...

I was thinking about where that name came from hehe ;-) my vios still has no name...nothing has clicked yet. unlike usx....hahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

USX...?

Sorry, but the first thought I had of it was not exactly the most wholesome, LOL!