Raves~
I surprised myself just now since I actually completed my preps today (and it’s not yet midnight!). I was able to read the left out text for tomorrow’s lec, do a powerpoint for it and make lab exams. PLUS, I got to watch most of the opening game of the ATP Master’s Series in Shanghai. (Too bad Gasquet and Djokovic lost….but Nadal and Ferrer did deserve to win, I guess :P)
Rants~
No wonder I’ve been feeling crappy lately—thyroid’s acting up again and fatigue is one of the effects. I thought I was just being lazy (well, okay, a bit of that too…). What’s more, I’ve been having palpitations and I get tired easily—this means no tennis! : ( Just when I’m getting the feel of the forehand.
Tennis Tales: Day 33.5~
This month, I’ve only played once and it was crosscourt practice and doing drive (shots?). I’ve practiced a bit of overhead smash and forehand volley but depressingly, my backhand volley felt awkward—as my trainer graciously described it—parang ‘komang’. Still, it was my last 1.5 hours of play before this thyroid condition came up.
Then one time while waiting for some test results, I dropped by the tennis courts to watch and pass time. Fortunately, I saw one of my acquaintances (I finally learned what her name really is) who’s been MIA for three months. I got to chat with her as well as her coach and learned some things about the different grips and how it’s not totally wrong to change grip when doing backhand volley (from a forehand), as well as to where and when it is best to hit the ball in ground strokes. Even if I didn’t play, I’m glad I picked up some tips. It was tempting to borrow a racquet and start playing though. And I was surprised that some of the ball kids already knew me (by name) and asked why I haven’t been playing. ^^; Ehehe…
I surprised myself just now since I actually completed my preps today (and it’s not yet midnight!). I was able to read the left out text for tomorrow’s lec, do a powerpoint for it and make lab exams. PLUS, I got to watch most of the opening game of the ATP Master’s Series in Shanghai. (Too bad Gasquet and Djokovic lost….but Nadal and Ferrer did deserve to win, I guess :P)
Rants~
No wonder I’ve been feeling crappy lately—thyroid’s acting up again and fatigue is one of the effects. I thought I was just being lazy (well, okay, a bit of that too…). What’s more, I’ve been having palpitations and I get tired easily—this means no tennis! : ( Just when I’m getting the feel of the forehand.
Tennis Tales: Day 33.5~
This month, I’ve only played once and it was crosscourt practice and doing drive (shots?). I’ve practiced a bit of overhead smash and forehand volley but depressingly, my backhand volley felt awkward—as my trainer graciously described it—parang ‘komang’. Still, it was my last 1.5 hours of play before this thyroid condition came up.
Then one time while waiting for some test results, I dropped by the tennis courts to watch and pass time. Fortunately, I saw one of my acquaintances (I finally learned what her name really is) who’s been MIA for three months. I got to chat with her as well as her coach and learned some things about the different grips and how it’s not totally wrong to change grip when doing backhand volley (from a forehand), as well as to where and when it is best to hit the ball in ground strokes. Even if I didn’t play, I’m glad I picked up some tips. It was tempting to borrow a racquet and start playing though. And I was surprised that some of the ball kids already knew me (by name) and asked why I haven’t been playing. ^^; Ehehe…

No comments:
Post a Comment