Thursday, January 18, 2007

Crunch Time

I’m not supposed to be doing this but the grounded theorist is not looking so…

The next two and a half months will be crucial and I will need all the self-discipline and delayed gratification that I can muster to finally put an end to this bloody unfinished business I started two years ago.

So much for distraction from watching the Aussie Open—technically, there’s no point (okay, I’m being too cynical…). Justine Henin-Hardenne didn’t play and Marcos Baghdatis is out (which is sad, I’m afraid his last year’s success would look like a fluke peppered by 'crowd advantage'). I’m not even sure if Nikolay Davidenko is playing—haven’t heard any mention of him. And Marat Safin—oh dear, that guy can play like crap sometimes and still win—makings of a former top seed player? ; ) Oh yeah, there’s still his sister, Dinara, to watch out for but her matches are hardly televised.

That being said, I want my Tenipuri ;p.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe..gambatte! Hope you will be able to fin it! ^_^

The open is finished. As expected, I guess he won again but I guess the drama is on the women's match. Unseeded defeated top seed. Talk about humiliating. I don't watch, I just read. =P

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Women's, just the men's and no matter how good Gonzo (Gonzales) was going to the Finals, Federer just made it look so ordinary ^^;; - j.